2022 Vaishakha Purnima
|When is Vaishakha Purnima in 2022|
|15 May, 2022 (Vaishakha)|
|Panchang for Vaishakha Purnima|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Vaishakha Purnima|
Rituals and Observance Of Vaishakha Purnima
About Vaishakh Purnima
The Hindu month of Vaishakh is regarded as one of the most fortunate months to perform fast, donation, Homa, and other religiously relevant and significant things. In Hindu Panchang, the auspiciousness and importance of Vaishakh month are clearly shown. The Purnima that falls in the month of Vaishakh is celebrated as Vaishakh Purnima. Devotees worship and offer prayers to Lord Vishnu on the day of Vaishakh Purnima with utmost dedication and faith.
When is Vaishakha Purnima?
As the name suggests, Vaishakha Purnima is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month of Vaishakh. According to the Gregorian calendar, the day falls either in the month of May or June.
What is The Significance of Vaishakh Purnima?
As per the Hindu scriptures and mythology, the very second month according to the Hindu calendar is known as Vaishakh month. Skanda Purana is one of the most religious Hindu scriptures which highlight the importance of this day. It is believed that devotees get blessed with abundance, rewards, and peace by worshipping Lord Vishnu on this particular day. By observing a fast of Vaishakh Purnima, the devotees can attain prosperity. The day also holds immense significance as on this particular day people also celebrate Buddha Jayanti.
What are The Rituals of Vaishakh Purnima?
- On the day of Vaishakh Purnima, before sunrise devotees take a holy dip in the sacred river.
- After that, prayers are offered to the deity by worshipping the idol of Lord Vishnu.
- Observing a fast of ‘Vaishakh Purnima’ or ‘Satyanarayana’ fast is regarded as auspicious on this particular day.
- Devotees must also chant the ‘Satyanarayana Katha’ to please the deity
- Sacred food is being prepared and offered to the idol of Lord Vishnu.
- Devotees need to perform a Satyanarayan Puja and along with that, they must offer sandalwood paste, supari, fruits, flowers, banana leaves, etc. as the primary essentials.
- In the evening, devotees also worship Moon God by performing the ritual of ‘Arghya’.
- Donating food, clothes, and money on the day of Vaishakh Purnima is also regarded as auspicious and considered as a practice of ‘Anna Daan’.
To know about various other Purnima, Click here!
Poornima fasting throughout the year
According to the Hindu calendar which starts from Chaitra month (March-April), the full moon that falls throughout the year is as follows: -
|S.N.||Hindu Month||Purnima Vrat Name||Purnima Other Names or Same Day Festivals|
|1||Chaitra||Chaitra Purnima||Hanuman Jayanti|
|2||Vaishakha||Vaishakha Purnima||Buddha Purnima, Kurma Jayanti|
|3||Jyeshtha||Jyeshtha Purnima||Vat Purnima Vrat|
|4||Ashadha||Ashadha Purnima||Guru Purnima, Vyasa Puja|
|5||Shravana||Shravana Purnima||Raksha Bandhan, Gayatri Jayanti|
|6||Bhadrapada||Bhadrapada Purnima||Purnima Shraddha, Pitrupaksha Begin|
|7||Ashwin||Ashwin Purnima||Sharad Purnima, Kojagara Puja|
|8||Kartika||Kartika Purnima||Dev Diwali|
|9||Margashirsha||Margashirsha Purnima||Dattatreya Jayanti|
|10||Paush||Paush Purnima||Shakambhari Purnima|
|11||Magha||Magha Purnima||Guru Ravidas Jayanti|
|12||Phalguna||Phalguna Purnima||Holika Dahan, Vasanta Purnima|