Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
|Pradosh Vrat in May, 2019|
|02 May, 2019 (Pradosh Vrat (K))|
|16 May, 2019 (Pradosh Vrat (S))|
What Is Pradosh Vrat (fasting)?
Pradosh Vrat or Pradosham is done to worship of Lord Shiva and Parvati on trayodashi (thirteenth day in Hindu month). There are two Pradosh days in a Hindu month, one in shukla paksha and other in krishna paksha.
Different Types of Pradosh Vrat
- It is known as Soma Pradosham or Chandra Pradosham when falling on Monday.
- It is known as Bhauma Pradosham when falling on Tuesday.
- It is known as Shani Pradosham when falling on Saturday.
List of Pradosh Vrat Dates 2019
Importance of Pradosh Vrat
Pradost Vrat is considered very auspicious and an important vrat among all the other vrata. It is also said that worshiping lord Shiva on this day washes all your sins and an individual can obtain moksha or mukti after death. Accordingly, keeping Pradosh vrat or donating two cows get the same rewards. It is believed that the person who perform vrat on Pradosh dates “Shiva will be his”.
Benefits on different vars (days of week)
- Age enhancement and good health can be obtained from the fasting on Sundays.
- All the wishes are met by keeping the vrat on Monday.
- Fasting on Tuesday brings relief from diseases.
- All the wishes of the worshiper are fulfilled by keeping the Pradosh vrat on Wednesday.
- Pradosh Vrat on Thursday destroys enemies.
- Pradosh Vrat on Friday is done for the good fortune and happiness of the couple life.
- If you want a child, then do this vrat on Saturday.
Best Time to Perform Pooja according To Hindu calendar
Pradosham mantras are performed in all Shiva temples on trayodashi tithi during pradosh Kaal after Sunset.