2020 Pradosh Vrat
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
When is Pradosh Vrat in February, 2020
|07 February, 2020 (Pradosh Vrat (S))|
|20 February, 2020 (Pradosh Vrat (K))|
Get your Kundali Report Now by Renowned Astrologers in just $ 9/-
Get Complete Kundali Report
What Is Pradosh Vrat (fasting)?
Pradosh Vrat or Pradosham is observed to seek blessings of Lord Shiva and Parvati on trayodashi (thirteenth day in Hindu month). There are two Pradosh days in a Hindu month, one falling in shukla paksha (waxing moon) and other in krishna paksha (waning moon).
Different Types of Pradosh Vrat
- It is called Soma Pradosham or Chandra Pradosham when the day falls on Monday.
- On Tuesdays, it is termed as Bhauma Pradosham.
- When the day falls on a Saturday, it is known as Shani Pradosham.
List of Pradosh Vrat 2020
Check the most popular puja's of all time
Importance of Pradosh Vrat
Pradost Vrat is considered very auspicious and is an important vrat among all vratas (fasts). It is also said that worshiping lord Shiva on this day washes away all your sins and an individual can get moksha or mukti after death. Keeping Pradosh vrat or donating two cows helps you reap the same reward. It is believed that a person who performs vrat on Pradosh dates “Shiva will be his”.
Benefits on different vars (days of week)
- Longevity and good health can be obtained by fasting on Sundays.
- Your prayers are answered by keeping the vrat on Monday.
- Fasting on Tuesday brings relief from diseases.
- Your wishes are fulfilled if you keep the Pradosh vrat on Wednesday.
- Pradosh Vrat on Thursday destroys enemies.
- Pradosh Vrat on Friday blesses you with good fortune and happiness in married life.
- If you want a child, then observe this vrat on Saturday.
Best Time to Perform Pooja according To Hindu calendar
Pradosham mantras are chanted in all Shiva temples on trayodashi tithi during Pradosh Kaal after the sunset.