2021 Vyasa Puja
|When is Vyasa Puja in 2021|
|23 July, 2021 (Ashadha)|
|Panchang for Vyasa Puja|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Vyasa Puja|
What is Vyas Puja?
Vyasa Puja is observed on the Full Moon day during the Ashadha month 2021. This day is commemorated as the birth anniversary of Veda Vyasa. On this day, disciples perform Puja and pay respect to their Gurus. Vyasa Puja is also known as Vyasa Purnima. In the course of this Puja, worship is offered to three groups of Acharyas which are Krishna Panchakam, Vyasa Panchakam, and Shankaracharya Panchakam. Each of these groups consists of five Acharyas.
About Ved Vyasa
Maharishi Ved Vyas is considered as the AdiGuru or foremost mentor of the entire humankind. According to Hinud texts, he was born 3000 years ago on the day of Ashadha Purnima. Ved Vyas’s real name was Krishna Dvaipayana Vyas. He was the son of Maharishi Prashar and Devi Satyavati, great grandmother of Kauravas and Pandavas. As per Hindu ancient legends, he was a great sage and scholar.
visit choghadiya to know the puja muhurat on auspicious occasion.
As Mahrishi Vyas was the first preacher of the Vedas and author of epic Mahabharata, he was named as Ved Vyas. He is considered as the first Guru of humanity and the one who blessed people with the knowledge of Vedas. Due to this, reminiscing his greatness, the day of Ashadha Purnima is considered as the Guru Purnima.
Significance of Vyasa Puja on Purnima Vrat
Vyas Purnima has great significance in the Hindi tradition. It shows the importance of Gurus in the life of people and teaches the lesson to seek the path shown by the teacher. It is believed and described in shlokas that an individual can attain salvation only under the guidance of their teacher. Only a teacher or mentor can show the way to truth and salvation and without them nothing can be done. As per the popular sanskrit shloka,
“Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu, Guru devo Maheshwara Guru sakshat, param Brahma, tasmai shri guravay namah.”
It means Guru is Lord Brahma, Guru is Lord Vishnu and he is himself Lord Shiva. Guru is the ultimate knowledge and that is why everyone should pray to Guru.
Also See: Purnima Vrat Dates
What are Rituals of Vyas Puja or Guru Puja on Ashadha Purnima?
As per the old Hindu tradition, offering prayers to Guru and performing Vyas Puja is very auspicious and beneficial. Here are the steps or rituals to perform Vyas Puja at your home.
- Wake up early in the morning, clean your home, take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Afterwards, make Vyaspeeth or seat of Vyas. To do this, spread a washed white cloth on the floor and draw twelve lines (from north to south and east to west) on it using gandh or popularly known as ashtagandha powder.
- Then, take a vow reciting mantra, “Guruparampara Siddhayarth Vyas Pujaam Karishyesye”. It means I worship Guru maharishi Ved Vyas to establish the Guru Lineage.
- On the seat of Vyas, invoke Lord Brahma, Paratparshakti (Supreme Energy), Vyas, Shukdev, Goudpad, Govindswami ji and Guru Shankaracharya.
- Now, perform shodashopchar-puja, a method of worship with sixteen substances.
- After performing all the above rituals, offer prayers to your parents and DikshaGuruone who has imparted knowledge.
- You may also read the Vedas or other scriptures written by Vyas ji and vow to follow teachings of Maharishi Vyas.
Get free hindu god and goddess images.