History & Information of Dattatreya Jayanti
Dattatreya Jayanti is otherwise called Datta Jayanti, which praises the birth of the Hindu deity Dattatreya (also known as Datta) who is a consolidated type of the capable trinity, Shiva, Brahma, and Vishnu. Dattatreya Jayanti is majorly celebrated in Maharashtra. God Dattatreya is known to guide individuals to carry on with a decent life in the correct way.
Datta Jayanti Utsav
Sanctuaries like Manik Prabhu hold a 7-day celebration that is committed to God Datta. It is an enormous celebration that begins on Ekadashi and continues till Purnima. Moreover, seven days before the Jayanti, recitation of the Shri Gurucharitra is a vital custom that marks the commencement of the celebration. According to the Hindu calendar, the eve of Datta Jayanti falls on a Full Moon day (Purnima) in the month of Margashirsha.
Importance of Datta Jayanti
Devotees trust that they advantage in all parts of life by observing the puja rituals on the day of Dattatreya Jayanti however, the primary essentialness of the sacred eve is that it shields people from the ancestral problems and issues. Worshiping and offering prayers to the deity on the day of the incarnation helps enthusiasts to have a prosperous existence.
Datta Jayanti Puja Benefits
As per the Dattatreya Upanishad, the devotees who observe and perform the fast and puja of Deity Datta on the eve of Datta Jayanti are bestowed with several blessings and benefits:
- The devotees get the fulfillment of all their material and wealth desires
- Attain supreme knowledge as well as the accomplishment of life’s aims and goals
- The observers get rid of their anxiety levels as well as unknown fears
- Eradication of the malefic planetary afflictions
- Elimination of all the mental sufferings and also ancestral issues
- Helps in achieving righteous paths in life
- To get the soul free from all the karmic bonds
- Develops inclination towards spirituality
Datta Jayanti Puja Vidhi & Fasting
- The devotees need to wake up before sunrise and take a holy bath and then perform the ritual of observing a fast for Datta Jayanti
- At the time of the puja, the devotees must offer sweets, incense sticks, flowers and lamp
- Devotees must recite sacred mantras and religious songs and should read verses from Jivanmukta Gita and Avadhuta Gita
- Apply turmeric powder, Vermillion, and the sandalwood paste on the statue of the Datta God at the time of Puja
- For the purification and enlightenment of the soul and mind, the devotees must recite mantras like “Om Shri Gurudev Datta” and “Sree guru dattatreyaya namah”
Dattatreya Beej Mantra
Dakshinamurthy Beejam cha Raama Beeken samyuktam.
Draam Ityekaaksharam Gneyam Bindunaathakalaatmakam
Dattasyaadi Mantrasyaa Datreya syaadimaswaraha
Tatrastharepha samyuktam Bindunada Kalatmika
Yetat beejam Mayapa Roktham Brahma-vishnu- shiva namakam