2021 Lakshmi Puja
|When is Lakshmi Puja in 2021|
|03 November, 2021 (Kartik)|
|Panchang for Lakshmi Puja|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Lakshmi Puja|
Why Laxmi Puja is Done On Diwali?
Diwali 2021, the festival of lights, is a celebration dedicated primarily to Goddess Lakshmi. Lakshmi is the Goddess of wealth and prosperity and bestows her devotees with abundance and riches. Lakshmi Puja is done on the main day of Diwali where the devotees pray for the happiness and prosperity of their family.
When is Laxmi Puja 2021?
According to Hindu Panchang 2021, Laxmi Puja is performed on the main Diwali festival, i.e. on Kartik Amavasya 2021.
What is The Time for Laxmi Puja?
All the rituals as well as the Laxmi Puja hold immense significance when they are performed at the most relevant and fortunate time of the day. You can look for the Shubh Muhurat with Choghadiya for Laxmi Puja before commencing with the celebration and rituals.
How to Celebrate Laxmi Puja?
Laxmi Puja celebrations and observance are associated with several rituals and traditions that commence from the morning.
- The devotees are required to get up early morning and start their preparations to welcome Goddess Lakshmi in their home.
- As it is the day of Amavasya, some people also take the blessings of their ancestors and even perform Shradh.
- Post this, the devotees begin cleaning their homes followed by decorating every nook and corner of their house.
- The decorations are done using Ashoka leaves, marigold flowers, banana leaves and mango leaves.
- Rangoli is another integral part of Deepawali decorations. The entrance of the home is ornamented with beautiful rangolis. Moreover, the entrance is also bedecked with two Manglik Kalash covered with unpeeled coconuts as this is considered highly auspicious in Hindu religion.
What is Laxmi Puja Item List
Things Required for Lakshmi Puja on Diwali :
Roli, Akshat (Raw full grain rice uncooked), Puja ki Thali, Flower Garland, Dhoop stick, Scent, Photo or Idol of Goddess Lakshmi with Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati, A Red cloth, A Chowki, Supari, Coriander seeds, Cotton seeds, Lotus Flower Seeds, Dry whole Turmeric, Silver coin, Sweets and Some currency notes.
How to Do Laxmi Puja? / How to Do Diwali Dev Puja?
The preparations of Lakshmi Puja includes installation of the idols of Maa Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswati and Lord Ganesha on a raised pedestal covered with a red cloth at the right side. This is followed by offering of sweets, vermillion, rice and bhog. Then, Laxmi Aarti is performed post which the entire home is decorated with tiny lamps (diyas).
- Place chowki on your place of puja. Spread red cloth on it.
- Place photo/idol of Goddess Lakshmi, Saraswati and Lord Ganesha. Place 3 heaps of raw rice in front of Goddess Lakshmi photo for Lord Vishnu, Kuber and Indra.
- Light a lamp to start puja. This lamp should be kept lit overnight. Also light dhoop stick.
- Invoke Lord Ganesha to come and remove all obstacles during Lakshmi puja. Put tilak of roli and akshat on the forehead of Lord Ganesha. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets (naivedya) and earthen lamp to Lord Ganesha.
- Now start Lakshmi puja. Put Tilak of roli and rice on the forehead of Goddess Lakshmi. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp (deepak) to Goddess Lakshmi. Now offer coriander seeds, cotton seeds, dry whole turmeric, silver coin, currency notes, supari and seed of lotus flower to Goddess Lakshmi.
- Pray to Lord Vishnu to come along with Goddess Lakshmi. Offer scent, flower, dhoop, sweets, fruits and earthen lamp to Lord Vishnu.
- Pray to Lord Kuber to come along with Goddess Lakshmi and give wealth. Worship Lord Kuber by offering earthen lamp, scent, flowers, dhoop and sweets.
- Pray to Lord Indra to come and give prosperity. Worship Lord Indra by offering scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp.
- Now, worship Goddess Saraswati. Put tilak on the forehead of Goddess Saraswati and put akshat on it. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp. Pray to get divine knowledge and guidance on life path.
- Now do worship of Elephants in the photo. Offer a pair of sugarcane to elephants of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Conclude the Puja by performing Lakshmi Aarti.
- If you wish to do Japa of the mantra of Maa Lakshmi, then the simplest and most powerful mantra is “Shreem Swaha”. Recite this mantra at least 108 times.
What is The Muhurat for Lakshmi Puja?
Lakshmi Puja should be ideally done at the time of Pradosh Kaal which commences after sunset and lasts for nearly 2.5 hours.
Diwali Festival Calendar
|Diwali Day-1 Festival||Govatsa Dwadashi, Vasu Baras|
|Diwali Day-2 Festival||Dhanteras, Dhanvantari Trayodashi, Yama Deepam, Kali Chaudas, Hanuman Puja, Tamil Deepavali|
|Diwali Day-3 Festival||Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali Lakshmi Puja, Kedar Gauri Vrat, Chopda Puja, Sharda Puja|
|Diwali Day-4 Festival||Diwali Snan, Diwali Devpuja, Dyuta Krida, Gowardhan Puja, Annakut Puja, Bali Pratipada|
|Diwali Day-5 Festival||Gujrati New Year Celebration, Bhaiya Dooj, Bhau Beej, Yama Dwitiya|