2020 Diwali Devpuja
On Diwali, during Amavasya day, newly installed statues of Lord Ganesha and Shri Lakshmi are worshipped. Apart from Lakshmi-Ganesha Puja, Kuber Puja and Bahi-Khata Puja are also done. On the Diwali Puja day, the full day fast is desirable. The fasting may be either Nirjal i.e. without the water or Phalahar i.e. with fruits only or with milk only depending on the body capability and will-power of the person.
Diwali Puja should be done at an appropriate Diwali Puja Muhurat while considering fixed Lagna, Pradosh time and Amavasya Tithi. Lakshmi puja is an essential ritual on Diwali. Sri Suktam, Lakshmi Suktam etc. various hymns are designed by Indian sages to do worship of Goddess Lakshmi. But for those who do not know Sanskrit, there is a very easy generalized puja vidhi of Lakshmi Ji. This puja is very effective because it is the puja of Lakshmi panchayat. The devotee who does Lakshmi panchayatan puja is blessed with the grace of Goddess Lakshmi very quickly.
Things Required for Lakshmi Puja
Things Required for Lakshmi Puja on Diwali : Roli, Akshat (Raw full grain rice uncooked), Puja ki Thali, Flower Garland, Dhoop stick, Scent, Photo or Idol of Goddess Lakshmi with Lord Ganesha and Goddess, Saraswati, A Red cloth, A Chawki, Supari, Coriander seeds, Cotton seeds, Lotus Flower Seeds, Dry whole Turmeric, Silver coin, Sweets, Some currency notes,
Steps for Lakshmi Puja
- Keep all these things together at one place.
- Place chowki on your place of puja. Spread red cloth on it.
- Place photo/idol of Goddess Lakshmi, Saraswati and Lord Ganesha.
- Place 3 heaps of raw rice in front of Goddess Lakshmi photo for Lord Vishnu, Kuber and Indra.
- Light a lamp to start puja. This lamp should be kept lit overnight. Also light dhoop stick.
Invoke Lord Ganesha to come and remove all obstacles during Lakshmi puja. Put tilak of roli and akshat on the forehead of Lord Ganesha. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets (naivedya) and earthen lamp to Lord Ganesha.
- Now start Lakshmi puja. Put Tilak of roli and rice on the forehead of Goddess Lakshmi. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp (deepak) to Goddess Lakshmi. Now offer coriander seeds, cotton seeds, dry whole turmeric, silver coin, currency notes, supari and seed of lotus flower to Goddess Lakshmi.
- Pray to Lord Vishnu to come along with Goddess Lakshmi. Offer scent, flower, dhoop, sweets, fruits and earthen lamp to Lord Vishnu.
- Pray to Lord Kuber to come along with Goddess Lakshmi and give wealth. Do worship of Lord Kuber by offering earthen lamp, scent, flowers, dhoop and sweets.
- Pray to Lord Indra to come and give prosperity. Do worship of Lord Indra by offering scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp.
- Now do worship of Goddess Saraswati. Put tilak on the forehead of Goddess Saraswati and put akshat on it. Offer scent, flowers, dhoop, sweets and earthen lamp. Pray to get divine knowledge and guidance on life path.
- Now do worship of Elephants in the photo. Offer a pair of sugarcane to elephants of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Do Lakshmi Arti after this Puja.
- If you wish to do Japa of the mantra of Ma Lakshmi, then the simplest and most powerful mantra is “Shreem Swaha”. Recite this mantra at least 108 times.