Puja Vidhi for Saraswati Puja
Saraswati puja is performed for attaining wisdom and knowledge
- The Saraswati puja begins with setting up an idol of Maa Saraswati. The idol is then purified by Ganga Jal.
- A Sankalp (vow) is taken by the devotees by taking water in the hands in front of the Goddess.
- The devotees drink holy water through palms and then put a tilak on the forehead.
- Then, they offer camphor mixed water, flowers, honey, ghee, cow milk, Panchamrit, sugar and clothes or saree to Goddess Saraswati and worship them.
- Finally, they perform Aarti and distribute Prasad
Mantras for Saraswati Puja
To worship Goddess Saraswati, the devotees chant several mantras, stotras and slokas on the second day of the Navratri festival:
Om Devi Saraswatyai Namah (to be recited for 108 times in a row)
Goddess Saraswati Mantra:
Om Vageeshwaryae Vidmahe Vagwadeenyae
Dhimahe Tannah Saraswati Prachodayat
Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Maa Saraswati Rupena Samsthita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah