Jyeshtha month is considered to be the 3rd Lunar month in the Hindu calendar. As per the Gregorian calendar, this month falls between May-June.
The lunar month is marked by two methods in the Hindu calendar. In the 1st method, the Lunar month marks its presence from Purnima to Purnima which is known as the Purnimanta calendar whereas in another method Lunar month is marked from Amavasya to Amavasya which is known as the Amanta calendar.
Some important festivals of Chaitra month are Narada Jayanti, Apara Ekadashi, Ganga Dussehra, Mahesh Navami.
List of Jyeshtha Month Festivals
- Narada Jayanti- This occasion is observed as the birth anniversary of Devrishi Narada Muni.
- Apara Ekadashi- This vrat is kept by people to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu as Apara Ekadashi is one of the 24 vrats of Ekadashi.
- Vat Savitri Vrat- Married women fast on this day for the well-being and long life of their husbands.
- Shani Jayanti- This day is also known as the Shani Amavasya and is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Shani.
- Ganga Dussehra- On this day the goddess in the form of a river is worshipped.
- Nirjala Ekadashi- People fast on this day to receive blessings from the Lord Vishnu as Nirjala Ekadashi is one of the 24 Vrats.
- Vat Purnima Vrat- This Vrat is akin to Vat Savitri Vrat as this vrat is also observed by the married women for the good health and long life of their husband.
- Mahesh Navami- As per the Hindu Lunar calendar, Mahesh Navami occurs on Shukla Paksha Navami of the Jyeshta month.
- Gayatri Jayanti- This Jayanti is observed as the birth anniversary of Goddess Gayatri who is the goddess of all the Vedas. She is also known as Veda Mata.
Next hindu month is ashadha visit the list of ashadha month festivals.