2021 Narada Jayanti
|When is Narada Jayanti in 2021|
|26 May, 2021 (Vaishakha)|
|Panchang for Narada Jayanti|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Narada Jayanti|
Narada Jayanti- Rituals and Significance
About Narada Jayanti
Narada Jayanti is one of the most famous and significant festivals that is celebrated by hundreds of thousands of Hindu devotees. Narada Jayanti is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of ‘Narada’, the messenger of God. He is regarded as the divine messenger of the deities and the pioneer of communication.
Sage Narada or Devrishi Narada Muni used to travel in different Lokas comprising Prithvi, Aakash, and Paatal in order to communicate and transfer the messages and information from and to the deities. He made use of his Veena to deliver the messages through singing. He was one of the greatest devotees of Lord Vishnu.
When is Narada Jayanti?
As per the Hindu calendar, Narada Jayanti takes place in the Vaisakh month during the Krishna Paksha and on the 1st day (Pratipada tithi). According to the Gregorian calendar, the day is observed either in the month of June or May.
What are The Rituals of Narada Jayanti?
- Similar to other Hindu festivals, taking a holy bath before sunrise on this day is regarded as sacred.
- After taking the bath, the devotees wear fresh and tidy puja vastra (worship clothing).
- Devotees worship and offer prayers to Lord Visnu as Narada Muni was himself a firm devotee of the deity.
- Devotees are then required to offer chandan, tulsi leaves, kumkum, incense sticks, flowers and sweets to the deity.
- Devotees then observe a Narada Jayanti Vrat as it is considered as highly significant.
- The devotees who observe fast abstain themselves from consuming pulses or cereals and are only allowed to consume milk products and fruits.
- The observers are not allowed to sleep during the night. They must spend their entire time reciting Mantras in order to please Lord Vishnu.
- Reciting of ‘Vishnu Sahasranama’ is considered as highly auspicious.
- Once all the rituals are finished, devotees perform aarti of Lord Vishnu.
- Devotees should visit Kashi Vishwanath for seeking the blessings of the deity.
- Performing charity on the eve of Narada Jayanti is regarded as highly rewarding. The observer must donate food, clothes, and money to the Brahmins.
How to Celebrate Narada Jayanti?
Devotees celebrate the day of Narada Jayanti with utmost dedication and fervor. On this particular day, primarily in the regions of northern India several academic sessions and seminars are organized. There are also some temples of Narada Muni in Karnataka which are highly popular. Great celebrations are held in these temples.
To know about other Jayantis, Click here!