2022 Ramanujacharya Jayanti
|When is Ramanujacharya Jayanti in 2022|
|05 May, 2022 (Vaishakha)|
|Panchang for Ramanujacharya Jayanti|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Ramanujacharya Jayanti|
About Ramanuja Jayanti
Ramanujacharya Jayanti is the day to celebrate the birth anniversary of Ramanuja, who was an exponentially knowledgeable and versed philosopher.
Who is Ramanuja?
Ramanuja is regarded as one of the most learned and influential philosophers who preached Vaishnavism.
When is Ramanujacharya Jayanti?
As per the Tamil Solar calendar, Ramanuja Jayanti is celebrated in Chithirai month on Thiruvathira Nakshatra day. According to the Gregorian calendar, the day falls in the month of April or May.
What is The Significance of Ramanujacharya Jayanti?
Ramanujacharya Jayanti holds utmost significance among Vaishnavites.
- Ramanuja preached and supported Vaishnavism and also travelled to several places to make individuals aware of the Vaishnavism principles and messages.
- He offered teachings of the Vishishtadvaita Vedanta’s principles to everyone.
- Navaratnas is the name provided to the nine most recognized and significant works and undertakings of Ramanuja Acharya.
- He also played a vital role in inspiring Bhakti Yoga practice
Also See: Who is Jagathguru Adi Shankaracharya?
How to Celebrate Ramanuja Jayanti?
As the theory and principles developed by Ramanuja hold utmost significance and applicability in this modern era, thus the birth anniversary of Ramanuja is not only celebrated with fervor but also with great reverence and relevance.
- In most of the regions of Southern and Northern India, devotees celebrate the day by making some special arrangements.
- Events are organized where the teachings and philosophies of Ramanuja are discussed.
- Devotees also offer a sacred and holy bath to the statue or idol of Utsava Murthy (Ramanuja Acharya).
- In almost all the temples, various Upanishads are recited with utmost devotion.
- In several Vaishnava Maths, celebrations of Ramanuja Jayanti are carried out with great zeal and enthusiasm.
- Devotees also observe a fast of Ramanuja Jayanti, offer prayers to Lord Vishnu and make offerings to the Brahmins.
What is The Birth Story of Ramanuja?
Once there was a couple named Kesava Samayaji and Kantimathi. They both were leading a righteous life and were also very devoted but they were childless. Once a great sage named Thirukatchi Nambi visited the couple’s house and suggested them to perform a Yagna and offer prayers to Lord Parthasarathy of Thiruvallikeni. This will fulfill their wish of having a son. As instructed, they both performed the Yagna and also worshipped the deity with utmost dedication and devotion. To this, the deity was extremely pleased with their sincerity and so he blessed them with a son. When the child was born, there were several divine marks which signified that he is the incarnated form of Lord Lakshman, younger brother of deity Lord Rama.
To know more about various other Jayanti, Click here!