Rudraksha: 1 to 21 mukhi rudraksha mala benefits. Types of Rudraksha Mala, Rudraksh Meaning and more.
Original Rudraksha beads are primarily seeds of the blueberry tree that bear a fruit, called blueberry. In ancient times, the clans of Sadhu used to roam around in mountains and hills and often came to survive on these fruits. The fruits were rich in minerals and are a rich source of carbohydrates. The mountains were harsh and the climate was harsher, to survive the fruits of the Rudraksh tree could provide a steady source of energy and often people survived on these fruits for days.
Once they ate the fruit, they tucked the beads together to make a mala out of it. These seeds are known as Rudraksha tree seeds and they were worn in the hairs, in the arms and around the neck mainly as they could induce circulation across the body in mountainous regions where people often died due to lack of oxygen supplies. The seeds ensure that your brain is always fed with oxygen even on difficult terrains so that death does not come to you from lack of oxygen.
Types of Rudraksh
There are a total 21 types of Rudraksh totally. How do we discriminate one Rudraksh from another type? Well, by counting the ridges each fruit has, in general when you peel off the blue husk.
The ridges are natural and are connected to a central hole. The Rudraksha from Nepal are 25-30 mm and a 27-line Rudraksh is found in Nepal only once. Rudraksh is available in white, red, brown, yellow and often black in colour.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksh are naturally occurring two Rudraksha that are conjoined together.
Ganesha Rudraksh has a small protrusion from the body like a trunk, thus named Ganesha Rudraksh.
Sawar is a Gauri Shankar Rudraksh with only one line. When the Kahars are taken to Baidyanath dham in the auspicious month of Srawan Snan festival of Shivay, usually the devotees place a sawar on their kahar to make the journey successful.
Trijuti is a Rudraksha bead where three Rudraksha beads are naturally joined together.
Four Sawars when come together form a Ved.
Two Sawars when come together form a Dwaita.
Different Types of Rudraksh
Each of the Rudraksh might differ in certain ways from the other.
1) In terms of the number of ridges
2) In terms of their use and purpose
Rudraksh is an ensemble of powers and when you want to wear a Rudraksh, you must be aware of who you are from within, wearing a Rudraksha that does not suit you could disturb your life and the forces guiding it immensely often bringing sudden or gradual doom to its wearer.
Usually men are more than one faced and if you try to wear a Rudraksha hat is one faced, you are inviting trouble to your world. Life can immediately fall out of track if you do not obey the rules of the Rudraksh.
Rudraksh creates an electric field around your body and Rudraksh facets when more can benefit an ordinary man more than extremely less faceted or more faceted Rudraksh. For example a Panch mukhi Rudraksh benefits immensely and is safe for children, women and men.
It is a belief and has been proved that there are such electrical changes in your body that if you wear a single mukhi Rudraksh, you will leave your family within 12 days of wearing it.
Let us see what each of these different types of Rudraksh when weaved into a Rudraksha mala can bring for you, when they should be worn, how they should be worn and where in the body they would work best for you. We would begin with a 21 faced Rudraksh.
1 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol - Lord Shiva
- Removes all sins
- Cures wearer from migraine and brain diseases
- All the planets rule it
- Beej Mantra - Om Namah Shivay
- After taking a bath, wear clean clothes and clean the place of worship. Take a copper vessel and place some Gangajal in it. Wash the Rudraksh and wear it in a white silk or wool thread after chanting the Beej Mantra. You can wear it in the birth month of Shivay.
2 Mukhi Rudraksha
- Symbol - Ardhnarishwar.
- It helps restore the balance between the Yin and Yang energy within you.
- Cures wearer from concentration problems
- Good for Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Libra and Gemini.
- Ruling planet- Moon.
- Beej Mantra-Om Om Namah
- Wear this Rudraksh on Monday. Dip it in raw milk, and sprinkle Gangajal over yourself and the Rudraksh. Do an Arti and then wear it on a red silk thread on Shivratri when the Ardhnarishwar form of Shivay is worshipped.
3 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol- three types of fire and the three Gods of the world.
- It represents our three dimensional world.
- Cures anxiety and depression.
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Beej Mantra: Om kleem Namaha
- Cures diabetes and blood pressure
- Wear it on a Sunday, face the eastern direction, and apply sandalwood paste and kum-kum on the Rudraksh. Chant the Beej mantra 108 times. Wear it on a red thread.
- Good for Aries and Scorpio people.
- You can wear it on the day of Ramnavami.
4 mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol of Brihaspati
- It gives you the power of knowledge and creativity.
- You would have a melodious speech if you wear it. It helps you become a good speaker and blesses you with oratorical skills.
- Ruling planets is Jupiter and is good for Gemini and Virgo.
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Namaha
- You must ensure that this Rudraksh is either capped with silver, gold or panchdhatu. You must wear it on Monday till 12 noon. Clean it with Panchamrit or Gangajal and chant “Om Hreem Namah” 108 times to energize it. Pray to Lord Shiva by facing the northeast direction before wearing it.
- On Mondays, visit a Lord Shiva temple and engage in charity work, aarti, Hawan and other religious works.
- Make sure the Rudraksh touches your body when you wear it as it works well in stimulating the throat chakra.
5 mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol of Lord Kalagni
- Cures the wearer from all the sins that he has committed.
- Ruling Planet is Jupiter
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Namah
- The Panch Mukhi Rudraksh benefits by alleviating tension, anxieties, and blood pressures.
- The Panch Mukhi Rudraksh benefits by cultivating wisdom and intellect. Good for Sagittarians and Pisces.
- Wear a Panch mukhi Rudraksh on a Thursday. Bathe, wear clean clothes and sit in the Pooja place facing the north-west direction. Take the Rudraksh to a Peepal tree and place it on a copper plate, the seed must be capped in silver or gold. Sprinkle Gangajal, and plain water, apply some sandalwood paste, offer some fresh flowers and light a diya. You can wear the bead around your neck or as a bracelet using a golden colored or yellow colored thread.
6 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbols of Lord Kartikeya and Ganapati.
- It stabilizes and pacifies the planet Venus.
- Ruling Planet is Mars.
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Hoom Namah
- Helps in alleviating mental lethargy, emotional instability.
- It cultivates wisdom and intellect. Good for Taurus and Libra.
- Wear a six mukhi Rudraksh on a Tuesday morning. Sit facing north east, wash it, and place it on nine leaves of a Peepal tree. Offer Arti, by lighting a diya and dhoop. Offer fumes to the Rudraksh and wear it on a white colored thread around your neck.
7 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Ruling God is Mahalakshmi
- Ruling planet is Saturn.
- Beej Mantra is Om Hum Namah.
- It can treat epilepsy, impotency, asthma, paralysis.
- It is good for Aquarians.
- Wash the Rudraksh with raw milk and water, apply sandalwood to it, light incense or diya and the Beej mantra is recited 108 times before wearing it. You have to wear it on a Saturday.
- The Rudraksha is capable of granting the best results in terms of materialism. You can always benefit from wearing a saat mukhi Rudraksh in terms of your materialistic life. You would never have anything to complain about. It receives the blessings from Mahalakshmi, Saptarishi, seven divine snakes, seven divine mothers and the planet Saturn.
8 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol of Lord Ganesha.
- Wearers can always determine the right direction.
- Ruling Planet is Ketu (Neptune).
- Beej Mantra is Om Hoom Namah
- Helps in alleviating obstacles, evil things in a person’s path. It removes lust and greed from the path and also helps in improvising the connections within the family.
- It cultivates knowledge and intellect and wealth. Good for alleviating the ill effects of Rahu (Uranus) if any, and can be used by Pisces.
- Wear an aath mukhi Rudraksh on a Wednesday morning. Bathe, wear clean clothes and sit in the Pooja place facing the eastern direction. Sprinkle Gangajal, and plain water, apply some white sandalwood paste, offer some fresh flowers and light a diya, chant the Beej mantra 108 times before wearing it. You can wear the bead around your neck or as a bracelet using a light colored or an orange colored thread. The bead can hold the energy of the recited mantras and thus, you can energize these beads using the right seed incantations (Beej mantra).
9 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Symbol of Lord Kalagni
- Cures the wearer from all the sins that he has committed.
- Ruling Planet is Jupiter
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Namah
- Helps in alleviating tension, anxieties, and blood pressures.
- It cultivates wisdom and intellect. Good for Sagittarians and Pisces.
- Wear a nine mukhi Rudraksh on a Thursday. Bathe, wear clean clothes and sit in the Pooja place facing the north-west direction. Take the Rudraksh to a Peepal tree and place it on a copper plate, the seed must be capped in silver or gold. Sprinkle Gangajal, and plain water, apply some sandalwood paste, offer some fresh flowers and light a diya. You can wear the bead around your neck or as a bracelet using a golden colored or yellow colored thread.
10 mukhi Rudraksh
- Main deity is Vishnu
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Namah
- It is not ruled by any planet or you can even assume that it is ruled by all the planets.
- This Rudraksh is also blessed by Lord Yama, the God of death.
- There are 10 lines in this Rudraksha and you need not follow any specific procedure. Wear it on a Sunday and make sure you pray to it by applying some sandalwood paste, and some strong oil like mustard oil on the Rudraksh. You can wear it as a pendant and you can also wear it as a hand band around your hand.
- It is good for not only you but also your family and this is probably a Rudraksh which can be worn by one but its benefits can be used by all.
It alleviates all the jeopardizing situations of the family, it abolishes the sinful state of mind, sudden outbursts of anger can also be controlled by wearing this Rudraksh.
11 Mukhi Rudraksh
- There are eleven Rudra and the eleventh Rudra was Lord Hanuman. This Rudraksh is dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- Beej mantra is Om Hreem Hum Namah.
- There are no planets ruling the eleven faced Rudraksh.
- It rules the throat chakra; it increases your focus and attention, improves wisdom and self confidence.
- Face the East direction, wear clean clothes after bathing, and condition yourself by chanting the “Om Hreem Hum Namah.” After this, light a lamp, burn some incense and also face the East direction while praying to the Rudraksh placed in the altar.
- Dip the Rudraksh in some oil and then place the Rudraksh over nine Peepal leaves in a copper vessel, then smear it with some kum-kum and sandalwood paste. Let the incense fumes touch the Rudraksh. Wear it on a red thread and also remember Lord Hanuman while wearing it.
- This Rudraksh blesses you with wisdom; it takes away your immediate confusions and helps you peer into the future that benefits you in the long run.
- Since, there are no ruling planets for this Rudraksh you can be anyone and yet you can wear it. The presiding deities are also not those who favour a particular planet thus benefiting the race of humans on a whole.
12 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Ruling deity is Lord Vishnu
- Beej Mantra is Om Hoom Hreem Namah. Chant the mantra 108 times.
- Ruling planet is Lord Sun
- Take a bath early in the morning. It is advisable to wear the Rudraksh either on a Sunday or a Monday and this Rudraksh must be worn around the neck. The Manipuri Chakra or the navel chakra is guided by the Rudraksh. The Rudraksh must be worn during the early hours of the day. Stand facing the Sun, take the Rudraksh in your hand and pray to Lord Sun. Then with your left hand place a drop of oil and sprinkle some water over it. Burn incense and chant the Beej mantra for 108 times before wearing it on a white or golden yellow thread.
- There are several benefits of wearing the 12 faced Rudraksh. It can release the toxins that surround your alimentary canal from time to time thus improving your digestive system. You can hang the 12 faced Rudraksh with the mercury beads on the ceiling of the home and this also can benefit your home immensely. You can cure Vaastu Doshas and you can ensure that your soul and body is free of headaches and heart diseases. It works best on the body’s circulatory system.
13 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Presiding deity: Indra/ Kaamdev.
- Ruling Planet: Venus as well as Moon
- Beej Mantra: Om Hreem Namah
- You have to wear the Rudraksh on a Friday before the Sunrise. You can wear it around your neck or as a bracelet. You can also keep it in your place of worship.
- Face the East and chant “Om Hreem Namah.” This mantra is chanted 108 times before wearing it
- This Rudraksh would increase your charisma and would definitely make you irresistible. It regulates the functioning of the reproductive organs and the urinary system, thus helping you with kidney related problems and also prevents the cause of low back pain, sciatica and much more.
14 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Presiding deity: Lord Shiva
- Ruling Planet: Saturn and Mars
- Beej Mantra: Om Namaha
- An extremely scarce and rare Rudraksha that comes straight from Lord Shiva. It arouses your sixth sense and protects the wearer against black magic and Evil. The Ajna Chakra arises wide and clear. Diseases like paralysis, stomach ache and all these things can be cured by wearing this particular Rudraksh.
- Wear the Rudraksha after energizing it with Peepal leaves kept on a copper plate. You have to keep a ghee lamp near it and then pray with some incense and by chanting the Beej mantra 108 times. It can be worn around the neck with the help of a red thread.
- Saturn becomes favorable and guides a person’s memory to remember and understand the slimmest chances a person has in understanding this world. Sixth sense thus comes alive and helps the person in every front including people in politics.
15 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Deity of the Rudraksh: Lord Pashupatinath
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Namah
- The ruling planet is Mercury and Uranus (Rahu)
- The Rudraksh has healing powers and this particular Rudraksh can heal skin disorders and much more. People on the path of spiritual development must wear this Rudraksh in order to attain their path, the way they want.
- The fifteen mukhi Rudraksh can be worn by cleaning it with mustard oil and then energizing it by sprinkling Gangajal. Now by tying it on a grey or green thread, you can wear it around your neck and pray to it with incense and diya. Make sure you wear it on a Wednesday.
16 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Deity of the Rudraksh is Lord Maha Mrityunjaya Shiva
- Ruling Planet is the Moon
- Beej Mantra is “Om Hreem hoom Namah.”
- It is endowed with the power of the Mrityunjaya mantra- to gain victory over death.
- Wear it either on a Monday or a Thursday and this very Rudraksh can make things easier for you. The energy cycles are quite strong around it and thus, with these energy cycles one can achieve a lot of health, people would clear their ways and things would become better for many.
- It brings victory, fearlessness and freedom from troubles.
17 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Deity of this Rudraksh is Goddess Katyayani
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Hoom Hoom Namah
- Planet ruling this Rudraksha is Planet Saturn
- It can fulfill all your desires and needs related to your materialistic world.
- It gives relief from sinusitis and also from migraines, and can manifest success in all forms. It releases anger and helps one relax and calm down.
18 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Ruling deity is Bhoomi Devi or Goddess Earth.
- Beej Mantra is Om Hreem Shreem Vasudhaye Swaha
- Planet ruling the Rudraksha is Earth itself.
- This planet is made from the Earth, by the Earth and for the Earth with Lord Shiva’s agreement.
- It generally guides the root chakra and anyone can possess these beads, rare and extremely useful. There is no particular zodiac sign to whom it is assigned.
- It makes the wearer rich from within.
- It teaches people the game of balance, makes people more rooted and grounded and also brings courage and strength to allow people to face challenges.
- If there is some kind of Kapha dosha or if there is an imbalance of the Earth’s energy then it will help balance it.
- You can energize it by covering it with some Earth and then placing above it a drop of oil and some pure Ganges water.
19 Mukhi Rudraksh
- Presiding deity is Lord Narayan himself.
- Planet Mercury is the presiding planet.
- Om Vam Vishnave Sheershayana Swaha is the Beej Mantra.
- The heart Chakra is associated with the 19-mukhi Rudraksh.
- This can be worn on a Wednesday and you can cover it with a leaf and smear it with oil and kum-kum and sandalwood paste.
- It protects the wearer and bestows protective armour against negative energies.
- It is good for Virgo and Gemini whose ruler is Mercury.
- The wearer is blessed with beauty, fulfilling the desires with the blessings of the virtuous Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
20 Mukhi Rudraksh
- A 20-Mukhi Rudraksh is presided over by Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh and also by the eight Dig pals (directions- Agni, Indra, Varun, Som, Vishnu, Brihaspati, Vayu and Kubera) and also presided over by the nine planets.
- The wearer is blessed and his soul immediately moves or tunes into the way of Moksha.
- There is a lot of knowledge, a lot of spiritual wisdom that connects the wearer to the world.
- A human can see and feel things that are beyond the perception of a normal human being. It is a gift of Nature to mankind and one most restricting factor of this Rudraksh is that it would drive you to do a certain action and to follow a certain course, failing which you can be punished in ways you may never see it coming. Thus, wearing it must be done after a lot of thoughtfulness in that direction, you may not want to lose it all.
21 Mukhi Rudraksh
- The Beej mantra is “Om Yakshaya Kuberaya Vaishravanaaya, Dhan Dhanyadhipataye, Dhan Dhanya Sri Dhim mein Dapya Dapya Swaha.
- It is ruled by the lord of wealth, Kubera, the lord of the Yakshas.
- If you know about Kubera, then you also know that he is the Lord protecting the wealth of the world and is placed in the northern direction.
- With this Rudraksh in your hand, it is believed that you would never fail in gaining access to a huge amount of wealth.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksh occurs when two Rudraksh are conjoined together. Gauri Shankar Rudraksh depicts harmony, peace and prosperity. It depicts spiritual growth and prosperity. A oneness many are aiming for, can be attained within by wearing this particular Rudraksh.
Ganesha Rudraksh has a small trunk, thus named Ganesha Rudraksh. It is capable of easing out all the hurdles of our life and can benefit us by making us aware of life’s problems and why the problems are given to us.
Sawar is a Gauri Shankar Rudraksh with one of the Rudraksh having only one line and it is extremely rare to find one such Rudraksh and it generally aims at benefitting humans by treating the obsessive compulsive disorders. It helps in enhancing the consciousness to a higher level and also helps in spiritual elevations of the mind.
Trijuti has three Rudraksha beads naturally joined together. Trijuti works by strengthening Venus in our life. A strong Venus can give us financial freedom and also a good love life.
Four Sawars together form a Ved.
Two Sawars together form a Dwaita.
Both these also help in human evolution.
It helps humans evolve in a direction that is a human desire majorly.
Rudraksh Mala Sanskrit Meaning
Rudraksh mala are the beads when “Rudra ka aksh,” in Sanskrit. Once, when Roudra saw the condition of the Earth, where people were blind and crazy, Rudra felt sad for his own creation. His grief came down his eyes as his tears and his tears when he fell on the mountains created a tree, a mighty tree called the blueberry tree.
The grief turned into a tree, such was Shiva’s strength and thus, even till date, Shaivites worship Rudraksh in the form of the Rudraksh mala as a part of Rudra in the living form. Hence the living part of Rudra is greatly revered and worshipped in India, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. It is primarily used by Hindus and Buddhists alike.
Slowly Rudraksh spread to other parts of the world and in India, 35 types of this plant are found. The tree grows approximately 9800 feet above the sea level and yields 1000 to 2000 fruits every year.
Original Rudraksha beads are a perfect way to chant the Lord’s name 108 times and often people would chant “Om Namah Shivay,” using the Rudraksh mala. During Maha Shivratri, original Rudraksh beads are also used to decorate the Ling of Shiva.
Mention of Rudraksh in religious texts
The use of Rudraksh is mentioned in many of the late period religious texts.
You find the mention of Rudraksh mala as to why you wear them and how you wear them in
1) Aksha Malika Upanishad
2) Brihad Jabala Upanishad
3) Rama Rahasya Upanishad
4) Rudra Hridaya Upanishad
5) Rudraksha Jabala Upanishad
To conclude, it would not be wrong to say that the original Rudraksh changes the electrical activity and the magnetic build of our body and its elements. Hence, the original Rudraksh would definitely help you move in a positive direction more forcefully and with more positive power.
You have to understand that each of these Rudraksha types help humans in similar or slightly different ways depending on who rules them and what they rule around them. You have to ensure that you understand the Rudraksh well before buying it, see if you feel a connection with it when you pick it up in your hand. An original Rudraksh can also choose you like you choose from the various Rudraksha to create your own Rudraksha mala.
Leave a Comment