Tuesday fast is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, Durga, Goddess Kali, and Lord Hanuman. Devotees observe a fast and offer prayers to these deities on this divine day. In northern India, Tuesday is mostly dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
However, in Southern India, this day is dedicated to Goddess Mariamman. A couple also observes Tuesday fasting for Lord Murugan.
As we know, Mangal vaar (as the name suggests) is ruled by the planet Mars (Mangal). Here we tell you how Mangal Vaar Vrat of Hanumanji can be beneficial to nullify the ill-effects of Mars.
Also, we should know the Tuesday fasting procedure, Tuesday fast rules, and everything about this sacred Vrat.
Also See: Mangal Dosha Nivaran Puja
Tuesday Vrat Katha
Once upon a time, there was a Brahmin couple who used to live a very simple life. Since they didn't have any child, the lady used to observe Tuesday fasts to please Lord Hanuman. One day, the husband went to a nearby village to perform some religious rituals, and the lady stayed home and worshipped Lord Hanuman.
Impressed by her dedication, Lord Hanuman blessed her with a boychild. When after a few months, the husband came home, he doubted the character of his wife when he saw the son playing in her lap.
The husband suspects his wife of adultery and asks her about the son. Even when she said that the son is Lord Hanuman's blessings, the husband didn’t believe her. That night Maruti came in his dreams and told him the entire story.
Finally, the next morning, Brahmin felt guilty about his doubts and accepted both the wife and the son with love and regard. They named the son Mangal as the child was a blessing of Mangalvar's Vrat. From then on, Hanuman Vrat started being observed by devotees to get desired blessings.
Tuesday Fast Vidhi
Tuesday's fasting procedure is simple. A devotee should follow the below-mentioned steps to observe this day with full devotion.
- One should observe fast for 21 consecutive Tuesdays, to get the benefit of this Vrat
- You should take a bath before sunrise that day, and keep the fast for the full day
- After the bath, place the idol of Lord Hanuman in the north-east corner of the house and sprinkle some holy Ganga water in the room to purify the atmosphere before Puja
- If possible wear red clothes on this day and follow a simple life, avoiding any worldly affairs
- Light a Diya in front of the idol with ghee and offer red flowers or flower garland
- Take oil and offer it to Bajarang Bali.
- Tuesday fast for Manglik includes a proper vidhi of Offering oil to Hanumanji, it repeals the ill-effects of Mars, as per the astrology.
- Read the Vrat Katha and Hanuman Chalisa to please Hanumanji.
- After prayers, share the Prasadam (whatever offering-Bhog you prepared) with your family members.
- Tuesday fast for Manglik also involves living a simple and peaceful life, at least for this day. One should avoid being aggressive on Mangalvar.
Also See: Shri Hanuman Chalisa in Hindi
Tuesday Vrat Food
- A devotee should not eat salt on a fast day
- You should not let the vegetable or roti burn in the kitchen of the house.
- Do not cook meat in the house.
- Offer jaggery and oil to Hanuman Ji
- Offering jaggery to a red cow also pleases Lord Hanuman
- Share the sweets and food to the needy and poor
- Eat jaggery and wheat in one meal. Do not consume grains and pulses
- Drink plenty of water and eat fruits to stay hydrated and fresh
Also See: Lyrics of Shri Hanuman Aarti
Tuesday Fasting For Lord Ganesha
Some devotees also observe fasts on Tuesday for Lord Ganesha. Fasting rules and the fast procedure is the same for Ganesha vrat. Devotees also worship Vighnaharta (a deity which discards all the troubles) on Vinayak Chaturthi.
It is believed that worshipping this elephant God on Tuesdays pleases him, and one gets the desired blessings. Ladies especially observe Tuesday's fast for Ganeshji to get the desired life partner.
Significance Of Tuesday Vrat
As per our mythology, every fast, festival, or Puja vidhi is linked with a particular story that shows us the advantages of that fast or ritual. So here is the significance of Tuesday vrat.
- Tuesday fast of Lord Hanuman is believed to be the ultimate way to seek blessings of God to get a child. Many couples observe this fast with full faith and be blessed with a child.
- Performing specific meditative Kriyas along with salvation and Tuesday fast helps a devotee to progress in the spiritual path
- It is said that fasting on Tuesday helps gain Lord Hanuman's grace and Tuesday fast for Manglik reduces the Mangal Dosha
- Fasting on Tuesdays is done to get Ganeshji's blessings and to gain a harmonious partner.
- A devotee of Hanuman becomes fearless. Black magic or any supernatural powers can not harm them
Must Read: Shri Sunderkand Lyrics
Apart from spiritual and astrological advantages one also get these scientific benefits when they fast on this promising day
- Fasting once a week helps detoxify the body and keeps us healthy
- Eating jaggery and wheat is very beneficial for the body. Eating it once a day, along with a lot of water and fresh fruits, increases the metabolic rate, and helps stay fit.
Also See: Benefits of Monday Fast
Be it a wish of a desired partner or Manglik Dosha, whether it's a hope of child or your spiritual progress-Tuesday fast is the one-stop solution to ask the blessings of Lord Hanuman or the elephant god -Ganeshji.
Are you a devotee of Lord Hanuman? Observe Tuesday fast of Bajarang Bali and be mentally and physically strong. As they recite in Hanuman Chalisa -Sab Sukh laheei Tumahari Sharna, Tum Rakshak Kahu Ko Darna!