2022 Labh Panchami
|When is Labh Panchami in 2022|
|29 October, 2022 (Kartik)|
|Panchang for Labh Panchami|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Labh Panchami|
The occasion of Labh Panchami is the final day of Diwali festival and its celebrations. The eve is celebrated on the fifth day (Panchami) during the Kartik month in the Shukla Paksha as per the Hindu calendar. The day is also popular by its various other names such as ‘Lakheni Panchami’, ‘Gyan Panchami’, ‘Saubhagya Panchami’ or ‘Labh Pancham’.
Labh Pancham 2022 - It is the most popular festival in the state of Gujarat. The people of Gujarat celebrate the festival with much joy and fervor and worship and offer prayers to Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha for immense wealth and prosperity. On the eve of Labh Panchami, people open their business establishments and shops. In the regions of Gujarat, it is officially considered as the first day of the Gujarati New Year.
According to the Hindu scriptures, Labh is defined as
Laabhasteshaam jayasteshaam kutasteshaam paraajayaha,
Yeshaam indeevara shyam hrudayam tho janardhana.
What are the rituals of Labh Panchami?
- On the eve of Labh Panchami(Labh Pancham), individuals perform the ritual of Sharda Puja if they have missed it at the time of Diwali.
- All the people belonging to the business community, open their business establishments and shops on this particular day and perform puja of the new account ledgers.
- Business persons worship and offer prayers to Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha on this day to seek their blessings for a successful year ahead.
- Relatives and friends visit each others’ places, exchange greetings along with sweets and gifts as a symbol of ‘sweetened associations’ with each other.
- In some specific cultures, people worship their books for enhancing their knowledge and wisdom.
- Individuals must also donate money, clothes, food and other essential things to the needy and poor people on this auspicious day.
What is the significance of Labh Panchami?
The occasion of Labh Panchami has its association with the festival of lights, Diwali. The term ‘Labh’ denotes benefit and thus the day is recognized for bringing merits and good luck in the lives of the individuals.
In the regions of Gujarat, people believe that by observing the Labh Panchami puja, they get bestowed with good fortune, wealth and happiness on both professional and personal front. This Hindu festival is regarded as one of the most significant and auspicious days for starting or establishing a new business venture.
|Diwali Day-1 Festival||Govatsa Dwadashi, Vasu Baras|
|Diwali Day-2 Festival||Dhanteras, Dhanvantari Trayodashi, Yama Deepam, Kali Chaudas, Hanuman Puja, Tamil Deepavali|
|Diwali Day-3 Festival||Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali Lakshmi Puja, Kedar Gauri Vrat, Chopda Puja, Sharda Puja|
|Diwali Day-4 Festival||Diwali Snan, Diwali Devpuja, Dyuta Krida, Gowardhan Puja, Annakut Puja, Bali Pratipada|
|Diwali Day-5 Festival||Gujrati New Year Celebration, Bhaiya Dooj, Bhau Beej, Yama Dwitiya|