2021 Kalabhairav Jayanti
|When is Kalabhairav Jayanti in 2021|
|26 November, 2021 (Margashirsha)|
|Panchang for Kalabhairav Jayanti|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Kalabhairav Jayanti|
Kalabhairav Jayanti - Significance and Observance
Kalabhairav Jayanti is observed on the Ashtami Tithi of the Krishna Paksha during the Hindu month of Kartika.
Who is Kaal Bhairav?
It is dedicated to Lord Kala Bhairav, the fearsome form of Lord Shiva. This day celebrates the birth anniversary of Kaal Bhairav, the Hindu God of Time. Therefore, this day holds huge significance for followers of Lord Shiva. This day is considered to be more auspicious when it is observed on a Tuesday or a Sunday as these days are dedicated to Lord Kala Bhairav. It is also known as Maha Kala Bhairava Ashtami or Kala Bhairav Ashtami.
Kaal Bhairav Puja Vidhi
- On the eve of Kalabhairav Jayanti, the devotees take an early morning holy bath and then start performing all the rituals.
- Devotees worship all the three deities, Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva, and Lord Kala Bhairav together. Sweets, flowers, and fruits are offered to the deities. Once the puja is completed, devotees chant the Kal Bhairav Katha.
- A vigil is kept all night and stories of Lord Shiva and Lord Kalabhairava are narrated to the invitees and all other devotees. After reciting of Kalabhairava mantras, devotees perform the Kaal Bhairav aarti during midnight. A pious atmosphere is created with the chants of conches, bells, and drums.
- Devotees also observe a fast of Kalabhairav Jayanti to get relieved from all their sins and obstacles and to attain huge success
- At some places, devotees also serve sweets and milk to the dogs as it is considered as a religious act. Dogs are regarded as the vehicle of Lord Kalabhairava.
Kaal Bhairav Story
Kalabhairav Jayanti possesses immense significance and importance for the followers of Lord Kala Bhairav and Lord Shiva. Lord Kalabhairava is considered as the fearful incarnation of Lord Shiva. As per the scriptures and Hindu Mythology, at the instance when Lord Mahesh, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Brahma were having a discussion regarding their supremacy and power, Lord Shiva got furious due to some remarks passed by the deity Brahma. As a result, Lord Kalabhairava appeared from the forehead of Lord Shiva and in anger severed one head out of the five heads of Lord Brahma.
Lord Kalabhairava rides on a dog and also holds a rod in order to punish the one who performs sinful acts. The devotees worship and offer prayers to Lord Kalabhairava on the auspicious eve of Kalabhairav Jayanti to get bestowed with success and good health as well as to get rid of all the past and present sins. It is also believed that, by worshipping Lord Kalabhairava, the devotees eliminate all their ‘Shani’ and ‘Rahu’ doshas.
Kala Bhairav Siddhi Mantra
"Hrim batukaya apadudharanaya kuru kuru batukaya hrim."
"Om hreem vam vatukarasa Apaduddharaka vatukaaya hreem"
"Om Hraam Hreem Hroom Hrime Hroum Ksham Kshetrapaalaaya Kaala Bhairavaaya Namaha"