2019 Bhadrapada Purnima
|When is Bhadrapada Purnima in 2019|
|13 September, 2019 (Bhadrapada)|
|Panchang for Bhadrapada Purnima|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Bhadrapada Purnima|
Bhadrapada Purnima - Significance and Rituals
What Is Bhadrapada Purnima?
Bhadrapada is considered to be one of the most auspicious months in Hindu Calendar. This month is considered to be the celebration month for Lord Ganesha. But, there is one exception related to the Bhadrapada Purnima as the rituals for this day pertain to the Lord Satyanarayana.
Notably, this festival is very popular in the state of Gujarat and is celebrated with a lot of devotion. The devotees offer prayers to Amba Devi by deploying special measures, and there is a fair that is organized at the Ambaji temple. Devotees from the entire state throng to the Ambaji temple to seek her blessings on this auspicious day.
Significance of Bhadrapada Purnima
As per the Hindu mythology and calendar, every Hindu lunar month has one Amavasya (No moon) and a Purnima (Full moon) day. Purnima is considered to have a very high religious significance as per the ancient Hindu mythology. A lot of importance is given to the Bhadrapada Purnima as it is associated with the worship of Lord Vishnu. The next day after Bhadrapada Purnima, Pitru Paksha Shraddha begins.
This day is considered to be very auspicious for conducting the ceremony of Grih Pravesh and is considered to be a very special & sacred for the followers of Lord Vishnu. Devotees seek blessings of Lord Vishnu on this day so that their life becomes better.
Check Most Auspicious time (choghadiya Time) for Today
Rituals of Bhadrapada Purnima
There are several rituals associated with the festival of Bhadrapada Purnima.
- Devotees get up early on Bhadrapada Purnima and complete their morning rituals. It is believed that by taking a bath in a holy river like Ganga or Narmada, devotees are blessed by the Lord Vishnu.
- Satyanarayan Puja is commonly held in most of the households on Bhadrapada Purnima. Idol of Lord Satyanarayana is showered with Panchamrit (Mixture of honey, curd, sugar, ghee & Milk). Sweets and fruits are also offered to the Lord Satyanarayana by the devotees.
- Post Puja, it is important to recite the Satyanarayan Katha which is considered to be very auspicious at one’s home or other’s home. The devotees also recite others stories of Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva & Lakshmi Devi.
- Many of the devotees also keep Bhadrapada Purnima Vrat on this day. The fast is kept throughout the day, and only milk products and fruits can be consumed. Grains, Pulses, salt are prohibited on this day for the devotees holding fast.
- Bhadrapada Purnima day is also appropriate for conducting the “Maha Mrityunjay Havan,”. It is said that the devotees who perform the havan can get rid of all the negativity from their life.
- It is also believed that performing charity, donating food, clothes, etc to the needy people can be extremely rewarding if done on Bhadrapada Purnima day.
Celebration on Bhadrapada Purnima
People perform folk dances in the Ambaji Devi temple to please the goddess Amba Devi so that she blesses the devotees with good health and prosperity. As per the Indian mythology when the Lord Vishnu cut the body of Sati Devi, her heart fell at one place and this the very place where the temple was built.
Poornima fasting throughout the year
According to the Hindu calendar which starts from Chaitra month (March-April), the full moon that falls throughout the year is as follows: -
|S.N.||Hindu Month||Purnima Vrat Name||Purnima Other Names or Same Day Festivals|
|1||Chaitra||Chaitra Purnima||Hanuman Jayanti|
|2||Vaishakha||Vaishakha Purnima||Buddha Purnima, Kurma Jayanti|
|3||Jyeshtha||Jyeshtha Purnima||Vat Purnima Vrat|
|4||Ashadha||Ashadha Purnima||Guru Purnima, Vyasa Puja|
|5||Shravana||Shravana Purnima||Raksha Bandhan, Gayatri Jayanti|
|6||Bhadrapada||Bhadrapada Purnima||Purnima Shraddha, Pitrupaksha Begin|
|7||Ashwin||Ashwin Purnima||Sharad Purnima, Kojagara Puja|
|8||Kartika||Kartika Purnima||Dev Diwali|
|9||Margashirsha||Margashirsha Purnima||Dattatreya Jayanti|
|10||Paush||Paush Purnima||Shakambhari Purnima|
|11||Magha||Magha Purnima||Guru Ravidas Jayanti|
|12||Phalguna||Phalguna Purnima||Holika Dahan, Vasanta Purnima|