2021 Baglamukhi Jayanti
|When is Baglamukhi Jayanti in 2021|
|19 May, 2021 (Vaishakha)|
|Panchang for Baglamukhi Jayanti|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Baglamukhi Jayanti|
Baglamukhi Jayanti 2021 - Significance and Observance
Who is Goddess Baglamukhi?
Goddess Baglamukhi is regarded as the 8th of the significant Dasa (ten) Mahavidyas (Goddesses of Wisdom). The name Baglamukhi means the one who has a firm hold of the tongue and can control the mind of an individual. The Goddess is also popular as Pitambara Devi in many parts of the country.
When is Baglamukhi Jayanti 2021?
According to the Hindu calendar 2021, the occasion of Baglamukhi Jayanti is celebrated in the month of Vaisakh during the Shukla Paksha on the 8th day (Ashtami Tithi). As per the Gregorian calendar 2021, the day is celebrated in the month of May or April.
Visit choghadiya for goddess Baglamukhi puja muhurta.
What is The Significance of Baglamukhi Jayanti?
- As per the Hindu mythology, it is believed that the devotees who worship Goddess Baglamukhi get rid of their enemies by getting a firm control over them.
- The Goddess also provide a sense of control over one’s emotions and behavior i.e. anger, mind impulsiveness, tongue, and eating habits. In the process of self-realization and Yoga, there is a vital need for such control.
- It is also believed that by worshipping the Goddess, devotees can save themselves from black magic and various other non-happening events.
- Individuals also worship the deity in order to attain powers to hypnotize others.
- The deity is also worshipped to get free from any legal problem.
- The one who devotedly worships the Goddess gets bestowed with dominance, supremacy, and power.
Also See: What is The Legend of Narasimha Jayanti?
What are The Rituals of Baglamukhi Mata Jayanti?
- Devotees firstly take an early morning holy bath and then get dressed in yellow-colored clothes.
- To worship Baglamukhi Mata on the day of Baglamukhi Jayanti, devotees place the idol or the statue of the deity on the altar.
- After this, they light the incense sticks and a diya in order to start with the rituals.
- Devotees prepare and offer sacred food (Prasad) to the deity along with flowers, coconut, and garlands.
- Aarti of Goddess Baglamukhi is performed and sacred mantras are chanted in order to evoke the deity.
- Prasad is distributed among the invitees and family members.
- Devotees also perform several acts of donations and charities on the day of Baglamukhi Jayanti to seek the divine blessings of the deity.
How Baglamukhi Jayanti is Celebrated?
- On the auspicious day of Baglamukhi Jayanti, devotees worship and offer prayers to Goddess Baglamukhi.
- Small girls are also worshipped and sacred food is offered to them as they are regarded as the avatar of the Goddess.
- In temples as well as at the place of worship, Kirtans and Jagrans are organized.
- Devotees perform Baglamukhi Puja with utmost enthusiasm and dedication.
What is the Legend of Baglamukhi Jayanti?
As per the scriptures, it is believed that once there were heavy floods that resulted in the complete destruction of the earth. All the living beings and the whole creation was at stake. The deities then sought help from Lord Shiva. The deity suggested that only Goddess Shakti has the power to calm down the storm. To save the earth from being tormented, Goddess Bagalmukhi emerged out from the Haridra Sarovar and saved them all. Since that day, Goddess Bagalmukhi is worshipped to get relief from adversities and evils.
To know more about Hindu festivals, Click here!