2021 Ambedkar Jayanti
|When is Ambedkar Jayanti in 2021|
|14 April, 2021|
|Panchang for Ambedkar Jayanti|
|Choghadiya Muhurat on Ambedkar Jayanti|
Significance Of Ambedkar Jayanti
When is Ambedkar Jayanti Celebrated?
Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. He was born on the 14th of April, 1891. In 2015, this day was declared as a public holiday across the nation.
Why is Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Jayanti Celebrated?
The citizens of India celebrate the day with great fervor and zeal to commemorate and honor the efforts and contributions of Dr. BR Ambedkar in uplifting the Dalit community. He also gave India its Constitution as he was the core person responsible for framing the Indian Constitution. He fought and raised his voice for safeguarding the interest of the lower class people and was one of the leading social reformers of India.
In the year 1923, to improvise the financial condition of the people of the low-income group and to spread the awareness for the education he founded Bahishkrit Hitkarini Sabha. He also started a social movement against the ill-practices of casteism taking place in the country. There were a number of movements which were held by Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar such as Anti-caste movement, Dalit Buddhist movement, temple entry movement, etc.
Also See: Why do we celebrate Gayatri Jayanti?
How is Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti Celebrated?
On the day of Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti, the followers carry processions in some specific areas of Mumbai. At the statue of Ambedkar, the President, Prime Minister of the nation, followers and public pay homage. At several places, institutes, schools, and colleges, various seminars are held addressing the social causes. In Varanasi, this day is observed with a great zeal where several quizzes, sports, academic and cultural activities take place on this particular day. At Baba Mahashamshan Nath Temple, the celebrations continue for a period of three days.
What Are Some Significant Contributions of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar?
There are several significant and noteworthy contributions of Dr. B.R. Amnbedkar such as:
- He stood against the ill-practices of casteism and fought to protect the rights of people of Dalit communities by organizing numerous campaigns, events, and movements.
- In the year 1947, when the nation attained its independence, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was deputed as the first Law Minister of India as well as the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee of India.
- He framed the Indian constitution which was adopted by the assembly on 26th of November 1949.
- He also played a major role in establishing the foundations of the Central Bank of India.
- Being a great economist, he wrote three famous books including “The Evolution of Provincial Finance in British India”, “The Problem of the Rupee: Its Origin and its Solution”, and “Administration and Finance of East India Company”.
- He had also worked hard for spreading the importance and need for education and health.
- The movement name, ‘Dalit Buddhist Movement’ was also inspired by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
Famous Quotes By Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
- “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”.
- “Life should be great rather than long”.
- “Knowledge is the foundation of a man’s life”.
- “Religion is for man and not man for religion”.
- “They cannot make history who forget history”.
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity”
- “One whose mind is not free though alive is no better than dead”.
- “If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help”.
- “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.”
Also See: Birth Story of Lord Hanuman
Greetings for Ambedkar Jayanti
On The Occasion Of Ambedkar Jayanti,
May All Of Us Learn From Babasaheb To Fight Against Oppression
And To Evoke The Spirit Of Self-confidence
Happy Ambedkar Jayanti