Puja Vidhi for Skandamata Puja
Skandamata puja is performed for attaining salvation and freedom.
- On the fifth day of Navratri, the puja begins with setting up an idol of Maa Skandmata. The idol is then purified by Ganga Jal.
- Do Kalash Sthapana by placing coconut on the water-filled pot of Silver, Copper or Earth.
- A Sankalp (vow) is taken by the devotees by taking water in the hands in front of the Goddess.
- The devotees then drink the holy water from their palms and put a tilak on the forehead.
- Then, they offer camphor mixed water, flowers, honey, ghee, cow milk, Panchamrit, sugar and clothes or saree to Goddess Skandamata and worship her devotedly.
- Shodopchar puja of Maa SkandMata along with all established deities with Vedic and Saptashati mantras is performed. Offer all relevant pujan samagri to all the deities.
- Finally, perform Aarti and distribute Prasad
Mantras for Skandamata Puja
To worship Goddess Skandamata, the devotees chant several mantras, stotras and slokas on the second day of the Navratri festival:
- Om Devi Skandamata Yai Namah (to be recited for 108 times in a row)
Goddess Skandamata Mantra:
Simhasanagata Nityam Padmanchita Karadvaya
Shubhada Tu Sada Devi Skandamata Yashasvini
Goddess Skandamata Stuti:
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Ma Skandamata Rupena Samsthita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah