What Is The Puja Vidhi Of Hariyali Teej?
The most auspicious timing for performing Hariyali Teej Puja is in the early morning. Following is the Puja Vidhi for Hariyali Teej fast:
- Women are required to get up early morning and take a holy bath for purifying their souls.
- They dress up beautifully like a new bride with a particular attire which comprises of sarees, jewelry, henna, bindi and bangles.
- In Maharashtra, women usually wear green-colored saree only on this day as it represents the Hariyali Teej.
- Women visit temples to worship Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva while observing the Nirjala Teej fast.
- After completing the various rituals at the temples, women touch the feet of their husbands.
- Before sunset, women retake a bath and get dressed up beautifully like a bride.
- After that, the rituals resume and women make the idols of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva through clay and sand.
- These idols are placed at the worshiping place or the puja sthan.
- They offer incense sticks, flowers and bilva leaves to the deities. The same is followed by singing of Teej songs and recital of Hariyali Teej katha which narrates the story of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and her incarnation as Goddess Shailputri.
- To conclude the Hariyali Teej festival and fast, the devotees chant various mantras and shlokas.
Read also: Hariyali Teej Puja Vidhi in Hindi
What mantras should be chanted for Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva on Hariyali Teej?
There are certain mantras which are chanted by the devotees in order to conclude with the fast as well as to praise the deities. Following are the mantras chanted on Hariyali Teej:
Om Dyauh Shaantir-Antarikssam Shaantih Prthivii Shaantir-Aapah Shaantir-Ossadhayah Shaantih. Vanaspatayah Shaantir-Vishve-Devaah Shaantir-Brahma Shaantih Sarvam Shaantih Shaantireva Shaantih Saa Maa Shaantir-Edhi. Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih.
Jaganmata Maartastav Charanseva Na Rachita Na Wa Dattam Devi Dravinmapi Bhuyastav Maya. Tathapi Twayam Sneham Mayi Nirupam Yatprakurushe Kuputro Jayet Kwa Chidapi Kumaata Na Bhavati.
- Mantra chanted for Lord Shiva
Om Hrayee Maheshwaraya Shambhave Shul Padi Pinakdhrashe Shivaya Pashupati Mahadevaya Namah
- Mantra chanted for Goddess Parvati
Om Umayee Parvatayee Jagdayee Jagatprathisthayee Shantirupayee Shivaya Brahma Rupniyee
Women eagerly await the festival of Hariyali Teej. Teej is the day of happiness and prosperity when all women wear new clothes and come together to sing Teej Songs and perform Teej Puja with supreme devotion. mPanchang wishes you all a happy and prosperous Teej!