Vastu Shastra - Tips for Mirrors Placement In The House
Mirrors play a significant role in House Vastu Shastra. It is capable of affecting the energies at home and can be a source of both positive or negative energy in the house. Since a mirror exhibits the ability to reflect anything that falls upon it, Mirror Vastu Shastra recommends using it to attract positive energies and reflect all the negative energies.
You may also bring positive energy at home and double up your prosperity and happiness by placing mirrors as per Mirror Vastu tips. The right placement of mirrors can help you enhance positivity and also the aesthetics of house interiors. Check out the Mirror Vastu tips and know what are the various do’s and don’ts that are suggested by the Mirror Vastu Shastra. Also, learn about the positive Mirror Vastu directions in the bedroom and other areas of the house.
Mirror Vastu Shastra for House
Mirrors can be placed in any part of the house. However, the Mirror Vastu directions are different for different sections of the house. Here are the Vastu tips that you need to follow for Mirror placement in each section.
Mirror Vastu Tips for Bedroom
- As per Bedroom Vastu Shastra, one should never place mirrors in the bedrooms. Placements of mirrors in the bedroom afflicts the health and peace of the house residents.
- In case you want to keep the mirrors in the bedroom, make sure it doesn’t face the bed.
- The reflection of the person sleeping on the bed is inauspicious as per Mirror Vastu Shastra.
- The best Mirror Vastu tip is to conceal or cover the mirror with a cloth. Especially when the mirror is not in use, you should not keep the mirror open.
- A mirror should not reflect the entrance or door of the bedroom, suggests bedroom Mirror Vastu.
- Using designer beds having mirrors on the headrest is forbidden in Bedroom Mirror Vastu. It is believed that it causes restlessness in the occupants.
- Never add a mirror to the false ceiling as it may reflect the bed or floor and cause negative effects.
- Rusted mirrors or broken mirrors should not be placed in the bedroom. As per Vastu for home, this attracts negative energy into the bedroom.
- The best Mirror Vastu direction for placing the mirror in the dressing room of your bedroom is North or East.
Mirror Vastu Tips for Kid’s Room
- No mirror should be placed in the Kids’s room, suggests Vastu Shastra for Mirrors.
- Placement of Mirror in the children’s room may cause restlessness and stress as per Mirror Vastu Shastra.
- Mirrors in a kid's room may also cause illusions, distraction and fears among kids.
Mirror Vastu Tips for Living Room
- Avoid placement of mirrors in the front of the main entrance if the main entrance or door opens in the living room.
- As per Main Door Vastu, if the mirror is placed in front of the entrance, then it may reflect the positive energy that may enter in the home.
- According to Mirror Vastu of Living Room, mirrors should be placed in the foyer or above the console table.
- North or East wall in the living room is the best direction for mirror placement in the Living room.
- You should always place mirrors of the living room on the walls opposite to the window. As per Mirror Vastu, living room gets maximum lightning in the afternoon if placed opposite to the window on the North or East wall.
Mirror Vastu Tips for Bathroom
- Bathrooms should always have proper light, thus, the best Bathroom Mirror Vastu Tip is to place it on the North or East wall. These are the best Mirror Vastu directions for channelling good energy and attaining positive outcomes.
- Avoid placement of mirrors against the light. This will not allow you to see yourself clearly in the mirror.
- Always place full-length mirrors on the doors of the bathroom of the house.
- Mirror Vastu Shastra suggests not placing the mirror in the opposite direction to the toilet.
Mirror Vastu Tips for Dining Room
- According to Kitchen Vastu, the placement of mirrors in the dining room is very auspicious.
- One should always place a mirror in such a way that it would reflect food on the dining table.
- According to Mirror Vastu Shastra, mirror placement in the dining room enhances health, food and wealth into the house.
Vastu Tips for Mirror Placement on Walls
As per the Mirror Vastu Shastra, each Mirror Vastu direction has some effects and Mirror Vastu tips associated with it. Here are the Vastu Tips for mirrors based on the directions.
- North- This is one of the best Mirror Vastu directions for the house. One should avoid use of square shaped mirrors in this direction.
- South- South is the direction of Yama and one should not place a mirror in this direction.
- East- This is another most suitable direction as per Mirror Vastu Shastra. One should not use round shaped mirrors while placing the mirror in this direction.
- West- You may place both round or square shaped mirrors in this direction.
- South- East- Avoid placing mirrors in this direction.
- South-West- Placement of mirrors in this direction causes disharmony and clashes among family members. Thus, this is not a good Mirror Vastu direction.
- North-East- This direction is ideal for the placement of round or rectangular shaped mirrors as per Mirror Vastu tips.
Do’s and Don'ts for Mirror Placement As per Vastu Shastra
- Always place mirrors at least 4 or 5 feet above the floor.
- Always keep mirror and reflective surfaces in the house clean.
- Make sure the mirrors are hung flat against the wall. They should not be leaned forward as per Mirror Vastu Shastra.
- Never place the mirror near the staircase.
- Never use transparent glass window panes and doors in the house.
- Use translucent windows and doors for the house.
- Never place mirrors in the study room as it may cause loss of concentration to students.
- Since television exhibits a reflective surface, you should always keep it covered when it is not in use.
- Avoid placing any two mirrors opposite to each other.
- According to Mirror Vastu principles, oval and round shaped mirrors should be avoided generally.
- If there is a cut in the corner of your house, place a mirror in that direction.
- Mostly prefer concave mirrors in the house as it takes in the negative energy and does not reflect it outward.
- Always consult a Vastu Expert before placing the mirror in the house.
For a happy and positive home, make sure you follow the above mentioned Mirror Vastu tips. However, while determining the placement of Mirror as per Vastu Shastra, one should consider the direction of the house. Thus, always check the Vastu principles for North Facing house, West facing house, East facing house and South facing house. You may also take live astrology consultation for Vastu suggestions and remedies.