About Rahu and Ketu
Rahu and Ketu are imaginary planets that represent the north and the south nodes of moon, respectively. The two planets have been accorded great importance in Vedic astrology while determining the future of a native. Since these planets don’t have a separate or individual identity because of their imaginary nature, they are believed to wield a considerable influence on the emotions of a native. Both planets are, therefore, known as shadow planets and are in conflict with the Sun and the Moon, the two luminescent celestial bodies that find place in every horoscope.
It is extremely rare when the celestial placement of these two planets is considered favourable. The two planets are always retrograde and are depicted as the head (Rahu) and tail (Ketu) because of their positioning in opposite houses and quadrants in a kundali (horoscope).
What is Rahu-Ketu Transit?
The time of Rahu-Ketu transit takes place once in eighteen months. The transition is believed to impact all the zodiac signs as well as on the lives of the natives who are born under them.
Both these planets move in a retrograde motion. Rahu is responsible for problems such as legal wrangles, loss of family member, theft, stress, mental illness, breathing and health-related problems. Because of the mysterious nature of Rahu, it is believed to play a catalyst in the sudden failure or meteoric rise of a native. If the celestial placement of planet Rahu is favourable then it bestows the individual with fame, recognition and courage.
Like Rahu, Ketu has its share of negative aspects. When Ketu’s placement in the horoscope is unfavourable, then it can lead to health troubles such as pancreatic problem and ailments related to ear, lungs and the brain. It also represents bad company, sufferings, and participation in mystic activities. There are other aspects linked with the placement of Ketu which include among other things, spiritual and philosophical pursuits, salvation, and sudden gains.
Also See: Kaal Sarp Dosh Remedies
Remedies for Rahu-Ketu Transit 2019
Following are some of the remedies that will help you cope with the malefic and ill-effects of Rahu-Ketu transit. These measures can also nullify the impact of Rahu Dasha and Ketu Dasha
Remedies for Minimizing The ill-effects of Rahu
- To overcome obstacles and hurdles caused due to the wrong placement of Rahu, the native must chant ‘Om Bhram Bhreem Bhroum Sah Rahave Namah’ mantra. This mantra is for appeasing Lord Shiva and helps in calming the nerves and is the key to unlock sustainable prosperity
- The native must donate blue and black-coloured clothes and blankets, edible oil and black sesame seeds to the poor and needy. To get the maximum benefit, the donations should be made on Saturday and Wednesday
- The native should wear a silver chain
- The individual must feed a black dog or keep a black dog as a pet
- The native must visit the temple of Lord Shiva and Lord Bhairav as often as possible
Benefits of Observing The Remedies:
- The native finds harmony and peace in their lives
- Improvement in financial position
- Spiritual development of the individual
- Protection from negative energies and influences
- Improvement in ongoing issues
Also See: Remedies for Pitra Dosha
Remedies for Minimizing The ill-effects of Ketu
- To overcome the obstacles and problems caused due to the unfavorable placement of Ketu, the native must chant ‘Om Strim Strim Strim Sah Ketave Namah’ mantra. This mantra is for Lord Ganesha, which helps in getting rid of the negative energies of Ketu. It helps you in seeking the right direction in life
- The native must donate ash-coloured clothes, coconut and seven kinds of grains to the poor and needy.
- The native should observe a fast on Thursday
- Donation of multi-coloured blankets is beneficial
Benefits of Observing The Remedies:
- Relief from obstacles and hurdles that exist in the path of career growth
- Native gets the right direction in life
- Allows spiritual growth
- Offers peace of mind